Based on my personal interactions with students in the many years of my teaching, I have found a few common obstacles plaguing students:
- Ineffective study habit: like studying in bed, less concentration etc.
- Distractions and time wasters: internet, video games, social media etc.
- Poor time management: no schedule, not able to effectively manage time etc.
- Lack of confidence: past failures have reduced confidence, etc.
- Lack of motivation: not able to keep up the determination for sustained time
- Lack of problem solving skills: not able to understand question, which approach to take etc.
At Raman Classes these obstacles are systematically addressed and solved with ideas like:
- Weekly report, ensures accountability to teacher and get feedback by teacher on your progress
- Mentors, interacts closely with student to check the progress
- Regular doubt resolutions, through meetings, emails, mentors
- Interaction with past students
- Weekly tests, post test assessment and analysis
I have myself lived and taught my students these following basic principles in life for achieving the success:
- Regulate time, activities / disciplined life
- Health and mental peace
- Clarity of thinking
- Deep respect for teachers
- Work under guidance and accountability to teacher
- Enthusiasm to learn, do homework etc
My goal as teacher is to systematically cover the course of JEE as well as teach aptitude for learning, how to go deep in subject and learn new concepts.
I hope that reading this and the information attached herewith is useful for you.