[vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_tabs][vc_tta_section title=”GATE” tab_id=”1529227213669-3750ab01-5948″][vc_column_text]
- Will I get scholarship in IIT/NIT etc.?
Ans: Yes, you will get a scholarship of Rs. 12,500/- p.m. Besides, tuition fees and hostel fees in IITs/NITs are subsidized.
- Will I not become a teacher after doing M. Tech?
Answer: No, most M. Tech. students take up an industry job and they are preferred because M. Tech. graduates are stable.
- What if I do not clear GATE even after preparing for it?
Ans: The chances are high that you will clear it if you prepare under guidance. Till now, a good percentage of students have cleared GATE at Raman Classes. Besides IITs, the placement situation at NITs, IIITs, DEC (Now DTU), etc. is also very good. But even if you do not clear, you can clear the technical test of companies like IBM, Microsoft, etc. and get placed there. If you want to be safe, join our GATE+P3 so that you have both options handy. You can also get a seat in PSUs.
- What are the institutes that accept GATE score?
Ans. IITs, NITs, IIITs, and several other institutes like DTU, NSIT, etc. For a more comprehensive list of institutes.
- What is the typical salary of M. Tech. from IITs and other colleges?
Ans: If you do well, you could get salary in the range of 15-20 Lakhs per annum in IITs with all major MNCs like Google, Facebook, etc. visiting campus placement. The placement scenario in NITs, IIITs, DEC, etc. is also very good.
- How is GATE different from IIT-JEE?
Ans: GATE is very predictable and hard work counts in GATE. Also, most students do not get any guidance in GATE so it is easier with concept based learning to get into IITs.
- I think the growth of technocrats (B. Tech. or M. Tech.) is limited in comparison to those who do MBA. What is the use of doing M. Tech. then?
Ans. This is a misconception. The fact is that it is a technocrat, who fully understands the technical challenge and also can take the company in future technology, heads most software companies. Even the starting salary of IIMs graduates and M. Tech. in Computer Science from IITs are in the same range.
- Will I get accommodation for Saturday night if I come to Roorkee for coaching classes?
Ans: Yes, you will get accommodation in Roorkee. For girls, there are closed quarters (with good security and vigilance of elders) available at Raman classes center. For boys, there is a separate Raman classes hostel at 300 metres from the coaching complex.
- Can I attend some sample classes?
Ans: You are welcome to attend demo classes. You can also view sample videos online at www.ramanclasses.org or at Youtube.
- I want to discuss with you personally. Can I?
Ans: Yes, you can discuss with us when by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please give your mobile number, college name, etc. and we would call you for a personal discussion.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Placement” tab_id=”1529227213680-8aa2c747-2330″][vc_column_text]
- What kind of companies will I get?
Answer: You will get all range of companies starting from 2.5 lakhs to 14 lakhs. Some companies includeIntel security, Snapdeal, Novell, Aspiring Minds, etc.
For a list of some companies and their next rounds.
- Are there any further opportunities than AMCAT and E-litmus?
Answer: You can also appear for cocubes test through which you can get calls from Opentext, S&P CapitalIQ, etc. Some of our students have got job offers through cocubes. There are some other tests as well. You can also appear for offcampus drives for Samsung, IBM, etc. and these companies will require technical knowledge and coding on which we would have prepared you.
- I am not from a very reputed college. Will the companies still call me for an interview?
Answer: Yes, that is why AMCAT and E-litmus were introduced to bring the uniformity of students applying from various colleges. You have a good chance if you score well in these tests and prepare technical well.
- I do not know any programming. Will you teach the basics or you will start from high level?
Answer: We will have division of students into two groups: basic level and intermediate level. The basic level will be taken from beginning and will work harder to catch up with intermediate level.
- I am from ECE/EEE. Will I be able to learn algorithms, data structure, etc.? Will companies call me for interview?
Answer: ECE or EEE are close to CSE. You have to clear AMCAT/E-Litmus with a good score and prepare hard to cover algorithms, data structure, etc. with us. You will have to work slightly harder.
- I only want to prepare the subjects, but I do not want to do project work. What is your advice?
Answer: Always remember that you have to face an interviewer who is looking at you for a prospective project. Doing project increases your chance of getting a job significantly.
- What if I have been working on a good project and has got very good results from it?
Answer: You can carry on with that project. We will support you for research paper publication, if the idea is novel. If you have already done with it, you can start a new project and that enhances your resume significantly.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Studying Abroad” tab_id=”1529227472704-3612fdb0-e815″][vc_column_text]
- Why study abroad?
Answer: To get exposure to latest development in field of CS/IT as the equipment and infrastructure are high class.
- Where in the world should I study?
Answer: You should decide based on several criteria. Some of them are: (a) Ranking of the university (b) Prospects of future job (c) Your relatives living in there (d) Cost of living (e) Security and law
- How do I get started?
Answer: If you are in second year, you should start preparing for verbal by improving vocabulary. Also, you should engage in doing research work with some faculty (ideally a Ph.D. and an active researcher).
- How long do study abroad programs take?
Answer: M.S. takes 2 years and Ph.D. is variable as it can take from 3 years to 5 years generally.
- When can I start applying for study abroad programs?
Answer: You should apply when you are in 7th semester.
- What are the entry requirements for study abroad programs?
Answer: None, except that you should have a good character (no court cases pending, etc.)
- Do I have to speak a second language to study abroad?
Answer: In some countries that is an additional plus like France and Germany. In most countries, there is no requirement like that.
- Will I need to attend an admissions interview?
Answer: No. But you will have visa interview once you get admission in some university.
- After gaining a letter of acceptance, what do I do next?
Answer: You will have to accept the offer and then you cannot accept offer from any other university in that country.
- Do I need to apply for a student visa?
Answer: The university will do the processing for you. Your task is very simple in this case.
- How much does it cost to study abroad?
Answer: It costs a lot (especially in white money). At Raman classes, we do not encourage you to go at the cost of your parents. You should try to get scholarship and with that scholarship money, visit India every six months and even help your siblings’ finances.
- Can I get financial aid to study abroad?
Answer: You should have good research publications in some reputed journals. That is the best way. Also, good letter of recommendations from reputed researchers.
- Where can I find study abroad scholarships?
Answer: Look at our website. You will see a listing of university. All of them offer scholarships.
- Where will I live during my study abroad program?
Answer: You can choose university given accommodation or rent a place for yourself near university.
- Can I work while studying abroad?
Answer: Depends on which country you are in. Many allow you to do work, and some do not.
- I am interested to go abroad for further studies. Can I join Raman classes?
Ans: Studying abroad requires good fundamentals of all basic subjects, like algorithms, programming, automata, etc. Otherwise most likely one would face problems to clear the subjects there. By working on basics, one can get involved in research and write research papers as well, thus, you can get admission in good university. Many universities abroad recognize GATE score and they offer full funding to the students.